Sunday, November 6, 2011

'true LoVe lets go'...the poetry of my soul


Surreal'
smiling at you, smiling back at me
no words need be spoken, our thoughts speak loudly
here in this moment, emotions arise
as you hold me close and gaze into my eyes
i feel for you, what you feel for me
when i close my eyes, its you i see

don't want to hold back but scared to 'let go' 
knowing now these feelings will only grow
don't live for tomorrow, live for today
live for 'this' moment, i hear you say

could something so right be so wrong?
only time will tell as it carries us along

but as for this moment and the way that i feel...
i'm awake but still dreaming
it couldn't be more surreal

bY mE;) 

...i wrote 'surreal' nearly a decade ago and submitted it for publication through the 'international library of poetry'. they sent me my copy with my poem on the first page, along with a letter from the editor commending the "imagery" emanated from the words... i'll never forget that pure sense of deep satisfaction i felt over it ... 

this one was not written for my husband...i'll just put that out there:) ...and as the poem questions..could something so 'right' be so 'wrong'? ....a year from writing it my question was answered...YES! 

but hey...if i said i regret dating anyone other than [of course] my husband;) ...in my life, i'd be lying. eVerything, EVERY person, and eVery experience has been a learning lesson in my life that has made me who i am today... 

and NOW for a poem, I DID write my wonderful husband, after we had gotten back together...

'TRUE LoVE LeTS Go'

they say if you love something, let it go; and if it comes back to you  it's yours FoReVer...
i Am a believer
if not for him, could i have known the very essence of this truth...
to love and be loved within the depths of the soul...
to feel the power of that love take over even when the time comes to 'let go'...
loving someone so much that it hurts to be without them but hurts worse to be with them
when the timing isn't right...
TRUE LoVE LET'S GO...
for LoVe is not selfish and because of him i understood
Just a young woman...
wide-eyed, full of dreams and spirit, set free to find herself...
to find her path 
broken-hearted and devastated, yet free she was...because of him 
Still through the years he stood by
Always a there for her no matter the cost
through eVery moment of heartache and loneliness...
LoVe remained
a best friend he always was 
because of him 
i understood 
it's because of him that i truly understand the meaning of LoVe...
when the happiness of another supersedes that of one's own heart's-desire...
there lies true LoVe
and so it's been said...
"the best kind of LoVe is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds" 
It's what he's given me and what I hope to give him Forever.


you can read our story in another post... 'i do' 



oNe LoVe,

Naomi 




No comments:

Post a Comment